Friday, October 9, 2009

17 weeks


Today was another Dr. Appointment. I was hoping we would get to have another ultrasound, but we'll have to wait 4 more weeks for that. Then we'll know the sex 100%. We did however get to hear the heartbeat for the first time. Jason thought it was pretty funny that its heart was beating 148 beats/minute. (The wives' tale says that the lower the heart rate, it's a boy) I've also been feeling the baby move, which is rather crazy. I sort of can't wait for more movement from the little guy. I guess reassurance that he's still doing well. So far there really isn't much of a bump, but I will post what I am looking like. (Bean is pulling on my pants and I look like a cheerleader or something...) I just look a little thicker, I think. Hope everyone is doing well! Miss you!

Baby's now the size of an onion!
Baby's skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it. His umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes now feature one-of-a-kind prints.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

17 weeks already!! You aren't bumping out too much...but it sure is cute! Take care of yourself, the baby, and Jason!
I'm glad that Jason is able to go to the doctor with you - it's always amazing what they know about the baby so soon!
Love you three,
Mom and Dad

Heather said...

You're looking great! Thanks for the update! I've been thinking about you guys a lot. Hope you are feeling well and have lots of energy. Miss you guys!