Thursday, October 29, 2009

Snow...snow...snow...and 20 weeks!





WOW. I wish you could see this snow. The news is saying that we have registered 15 inches of snow as of today at 10:30 AM. It isn't supposed to stop until 5 o'clock tonight! Thankfully the roads are pretty good. I've been out and about in it and they are rather clear. I guess they were prepared for this storm. I'll attach some pictures of our lovely weather! Oh, don't worry, it is supposed to be 65 by Monday! It never sticks around!

Today isn't the actual day marking 20 weeks (it's tomorrow) but we are supposed to fly to Seattle tonight. Big milestone tomorrow. I am now 5 months pregnant! Holy cow has it gone by fast. There is so much to do and so much to think about in the next 4 months. The scary thing is that snowboarding season is now starting, so that means my dear husband is going to be slightly preoccupied! I don't doubt that it will all get finished in time. If not, we go with it, right? The little guy/gal is still kicking and twirling around all the time. I felt him at 16 weeks and Jason could actually feel him at 18 weeks. You can see my belly move when he kicks. So crazy! At times it tickles so it does get a little uncomfortable. Sleeping is starting to get harder. Jason and I switched sides of the bed so that I am closer to the bathroom. That helps, but now adjusting to a new side of the bed on top of no back or tummy sleeping. AHHH! And it only gets worse they say! Oh joy. Jason did agree to do one feeding during the night so I can get some sleep, what a nice daddy!!! That's all for now. Gotta keep checking our flight status...

Baby's now the size of a cantaloupe!
Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies respond best to tastes they've already had via amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you'd like your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Wow! I can't believe how much snow you have. We have been lucky enough to avoid it so far in South Bend. Although DJ would kick my butt for saying so - he wants it to snow so he can make money! :) Hope you're doing great. Love you!