Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Carlstead wedding and Dr. appt.


It was so great seeing family and friends from Chicago-land for the Carlstead wedding. We had a great time, although I will say I was really really pooped by the time everyone left Sunday afternoon. The wedding was beautiful and it was great getting to spend some "fun-non-baby-worrying" time with my husband. He had his batteries on and we danced until the last song! We probably won't be doing that for a while to come...Although we do have a lot of weddings this summer/fall!

So I am almost 37/38 weeks pregnant. The due date is still up for debate depending on who you ask :) We had another appointment today. She did an ultrasound which was so great to have. We hadn't seen him in 17 weeks!!! He was moving a bit. The Doc was impressed that he showed his testicles. Daddy liked this too! It was so cute to see his little mouth sucking and we finally got to see his fingers and toes. They weren't the easiest things to see, but nevertheless, we saw them! She also checked my "progress". I'm still 1 cm dilated but I am now 70% effaced and he's at a -2 station. So he's getting lower and those Braxton Hicks contractions I am having are helping my body prepare for the little mans big day. She thinks he'll weigh almost 7 pounds when he is born, but she has no idea. She did say that with my progression it will make for a faster delivery. That is rather exciting news to hear:) So, we'll just keep waiting...

2 comments:

Sean and Sarah Galiher said...

Wow. Getting so close. Can't wait to get the call/text! :)

Heather said...

yay!!!! Can't wait til your little guy gets here. Call us!!! Love you guys! :)